Sunday, January 20, 2019

New Year and Still Here

I took some time off the past month or so due to a heavy work schedule at my full-time paying gig. You know, the thing that most of us don't like doing so much because it takes time away from the stuff we love. Some people are lucky to get paid for what they love doing. Unfortunately, I'm not one of them. But I'm not complaining, I have it pretty good all things considered.

I still found the time to go out and find some cool old books to enjoy and (hopefully) share with everyone. I also found time to pursue a "sort of new" passion finding and purchasing old records. I don't go crazy at it, of course, I do have a household budget I have to keep within, but I'm proud of some of the items I've picked up over the past year.

Vintage Dames of Midwood 

I've also been keeping up with reading all the terrific blogs out there. I have links on my page to them. I'm in great company!

Vintage Sci-Fi Collections
I know we're already almost a month into the new year already, and it's not been easy for many. Anyone with a retirement account knows that 2018 ended on a downer. Let's hope 2019 can turn it around. I try to remain optimistic, while not always succeeding. That probably explains my escaping back into these wonderful old visions of the past.

I'm thinking of adding more music items to the blog. Back in the early days I did more posts about albums that I've picked up. Maybe I'll do a bit more of that. Who knows. All I can say for sure is I'm not going anywhere, and hopefully neither is anyone else!

What's in the Garage?
Here's to everyone having a successful and rewarding new year! Cheers!

1 comment: