Monday, November 12, 2012

Back from New Orleans

I've been neglecting things at TRF for the past week as we've done a quickie vacation to New Orleans. Had a great time there and got to check out some cool bars and restaurants. Also took in a "haunted tour" of the French Quarter, where I learned that I resemble a ghost of a confederate soldier who hung himself instead of facing torture at the rack. Went on a tour of some plantations, which is not my thing so much, but interesting. Walked the Garden district and checked out the mansions, dined on some porkbelly at Herbsaint. Dodged revellers on Bourbon St. after the Saints beat the Falcons. . .well, dodged most of them anyway. I did let a scantily clad babe with a black and gold bodypainted fleur-di-lis across her bare chest run drunkenly into me. Had grilled oysters at the ACME Oyster House. Also discovered a new (new to me!) cocktail called a Sazerac, which is a combination of rye, simple syrup, absinthe and bitters, garnished with a twist of lemon. It was a fun trip, but it's nice to be back home, without mentioning that drudgery known as my day job.


Sazerac on my first night
 
 
Remains of dinner on my last night

No comments:

Post a Comment